I love to do readings. You can hear me read here – on the page of the Poetica Botanica project at Ledbury Poetry Festival 2016. Scroll down the page until you reach Melissa Officinalis and here from the pamphlet produced as part of Ciara Phillip’s Dazzle Ship project, Every Woman a Signal Tower.
If you would like to book me to read, you can reach me via the contact form.
I am registered on the Scottish Book Trusts’ Live Literature Database which means that if you are organising an event which qualifies for funding, you may be able to get help with the expenses involved in booking me. You can see my profile on the Scottish Book Trusts website.
I have edited PhD theses and masters dissertations on subjects as diverse as parish structures in Nigeria, the publishing industry in Malaysia, games development for the iPhone and neuromorphic engineering, but I much prefer editing poetry. I am fully occupied with editing for Red Squirrel Press for the foreseeable future, but future squirrel poets might like to see this interview I gave to the Scottish Writing Centre about my editing practice, so they can see what to expect:
- Federation of Writers (Scotland) Landfall: An Anthology of New Writing 2017 (New Voices Press).
- Matt McDonald Petrichor (Red Squirrel Press).
- Brian Whittingham Walking Between Worlds (Red Squirrel Press).
- X: An Anthology to Celebrate Ten Years of the Scottish Writers Centre (Red Squirrel Press)
- Jon Plunkett A Melody of Sorts (Red Squirrel Press).
- John Bolland Fallen Stock (Red Squirrel Press)
- Mandy Haggith Why the Sky Is Far Away (Red Squirrel Press)
- Peter Jervis Land the Colour of Heat (Red Squirrel Press)
I can offer writing workshops based on my work on herbs, landscapes and ways of knowing. They are sensual and intuitive, and designed to enable writers at all levels of experience to notice, celebrate and communicate their experience of their environment and community.